Day Two Seattle
Day Two Itinerary
Woodlawn Park Zoo
We saw penguins, snow leopards, wolves, bears, Komodo dragons, beautiful birds, and other cool animals. The zoo was so open and peaceful. It was calm and sunny and there were no problems; just smiles! We saw much cute furry animals (sadly no pandas).Brady
The zoo was an amazing place full of amazing animals. Brady and I really enjoyed interacting with the birds. That for sure was my favorite part of the zoo experience. The pictures that mom took of us feeding the birds are quite exquisite. I took a picture of the gorgeous orangutan that was hiding under its blanket! So cute!!! I hope the pictures show just how much fun we were having.~Avery
The Woodlawn Park Zoo is one of the most beautiful and serene zoos I have ever visited. It is very wooded so the animals seem to just pop up out of nowhere. I love that we saw the big brown bear couple first in their beautiful meadow setting. We then entered through a small tunnel where we swathe fish swimming in the stream on one side and the playful otters swimming and diving on the other side. Soon one of the bears ambled down to the stream to get a snack--that was up close and personal.
Our next stop was Pikes Place Market where we saw the famous throwing of the 100 pound fish. very funny. the guys working at the fish shop all sing some strange chant with each kind of fish they throw. from then we boarded the Argosy cruise around the Seattle Harbor. Luckily it was a clear day where we could actually see Mount Rainer. Fab trip but I got a wicked sunburn. Joan
























0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home